Saturday, June 3, 2017

Yellow Scraps: 1.5 Inch Edition


Yellow is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month for June. 
I don't have many yellow scraps in any size so won't be making much this month.  Good thing because I will be out of town part of June.  

I started with 1.5 inch scraps and made these little 2.5 inch units. Not sure what I will do with them some day...just using scraps and making units to add to the "Parts Department". 


I also made some little 3 inch rail fence blocks. Again...not sure if these will go into a quilt of their own or not.   For now I'm just using 1.5 inch scraps and adding to the "Parts Department".    They may be a quilt of their own, a border, sashing, mixed with alternate blocks, etc. 

Any 1.5 inch scraps left at the end of the year will go toward  finishing a Spider Web UFO.  As I use the 1.5 scraps by color each month I put the remaining pieces in a different project box with the Spider Web blocks I have.   That way as I accumulate new 1.5 inch scraps I can put those in the 1.5 scrap box and continue on next year if I want to do so with these little units.  

19 comments:

Marie said...

Great additions to the parts department - I'm certain you'll find a way to use them some day. Such happy little blocks.

Julierose said...

You have figured out a really good method of doing RSC's --I like those little rails...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

You are so organised, Cathy. Your Parts Department must be growing fast.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are bright and happy! They would probably make a great border, mixed in with other rainbow colors, too.

Deb A said...

I think we all need to make some parts department blocks! Your's sure are adding up nicely and using up those scraps. Great job.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely additions to the parts department. You have some pretty yellow scraps.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have a good thing going there. Making usable units is always a goo thing. It won't be long before you will have the perfect project for them.

PaulaB quilts said...

You are really efficient in making use of all your scraps that will be ready to go when needed. I like the rail fence blocks.

Jeanne said...

My yellows seem to be mostly golds :(

Janie said...

Yellow, good color for June, Happy June.
I like your components, they will add brightness wherever you decide to
tuck them in!

Karen said...

Lots of sun shine blocks. I have been sewing rail fence blocks using 1.5" strips. I have made one baby quilt and I am sewing on the second one.

Kathy S. said...

Love, love, love the 1.5" strips!!! I'm working from my 1.5" strip box as well. Happy, sunny sewing.

Cathy said...

Cute, happy little blocks! Your planning and productivity continue to amaze me...

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yellow is just the happiest color -- love your scraps!

Ariane said...

Your blocks look great!!

em's scrapbag said...

Some happy additions to the parts department. :)

margaret said...

blocks looking good you are on the ball have not even looked for yellow scraps yet!

scraphappy said...

Glad that a low volume scrap month worked out when you were busy anyway.

Magpie Sue said...

Sounds like you're good and organized. I like what you did the the short strips of yellow and white. Going to have to remember that.