Sunday, May 29, 2016

Frazzled (aka Fractured) Flimsy



Frazzled
This morning when I took pics I was thinking it was called Frazzled, not Fractured so Frazzled it is for me.  (What does that tell you?) 
It's just a flimsy
84 x 96


Fractured pattern from

Made from scraps from a Pickle Dish and Petunia quilt.  
 I think I have enough scraps from these scraps for a small donation quilt 40 x 60. 

There are A, B, C, D blocks.
 I didn't have enough room to lay out a large quilt so just looked at layout and  sewed blocks together as I went. It looks like all are facing the right direction. 
Wish those A and B blocks down the middle blended in a little better with the rest of the quilt but they don't. I guess they will blend together in the dreams of whomever sleeps under it.  When finished it will probably go into the gift pile. 



7 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have always wanted to make one of these quilts. I really like how yours turned out. Thanks for sharing it on Oh Scrap! It is lovely!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your Frazzled quilt! I didn't even notice the center blocks were different, until I went back and looked after you mentioned it. I think that happens to quilters all the time! The maker sees it up close and notices all the details, but the admirers see the overall effect! (And thank goodness for that, I have said many times!).

Julierose said...

Oh I like the fact that they are different--call it improvisational--that's what I do---A LOT!! Hahaha....hugs it is a lovely flimsy Julierose

gayle said...

Oh, it's so gorgeous! I've loved everything you've done with these scraps and scraps of scraps - the colors just make me smile really big!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely & colourful! And I love your 'new' name for it too, made me smile!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful - love the rich colour in there and the name!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed quilt top. Will you quilt have borders or no borders? Good luck with the quilting!!