60 x 80
I started with some swapped 6 inch nine patches in blue and tan civil war reproduction fabrics with a red center.
Then I added a tan background and blue star points and continued with red in the center sections of the outside of the nine patch to make a Sister's Choice block.
Then I sewed them all randomly together since I don't have a design wall and since it is civil war repro fabrics I didn't figure they had design walls back then either. As you can see sometimes random sewing ends up looking not so random and the same blocks end up next to each other in a quilt. Doesn't bother me. Most people I give my quilts to don't hold them up to inspect layouts.
This quilt is for my husband to replace that old one he uses in his recliner.
Sometimes when I look at the quilt I see this design (four patch in the middle) instead of the Sister's Choice.
I quilted it very simply with straight and diagonal lines on my DSM and bound it in red.
I used a wide backing printed with tan roses.
The overall quilting.
This WIP is gone so I'll be linking today to WIPs Be Gone at A Quilting Reader's Garden