This year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I've made 5 inch Monkey Wrench blocks.
I'm setting them on point and started sewing them together a few weeks ago.
I wanted to sew rows with 1-23 blocks. I started at both ends and am now up two rows of 17 blocks.
Getting ready for a row of 19 blocks I glanced at my box of remaining blocks and it didn't appear I had enough for two rows of 19, two rows of 21 and two rows of 23. No, I didn't. I figured I needed 288 blocks and have been counting as I've made them. At year end I THOUGHT I had 273 so made 15 more blocks before I started sewing the diagonal rows. Either I figured incorrectly, I don't know how to count, I counted blocks twice a few times or I've lost some.
So, don't count on this one being finished this year.