Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Little Monkeys Are Singing the Blues

This month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is pale blue.  I started this week with the 2.5 inch scrap bin and pulled what looked like pale blue to me at the time and some neutrals to make HSTs for these Little Monkey blocks. 

I think if you put some rowdy colors next to the pale blues they don't look so pale anymore. Obviously several of these don't have pale blue HSTs but they were in the 2.5 scrap box and blue so might as well use them up while I'm on a roll. 

With the left over HSTs that weren't wonky I made an 8 inch Depression block and a couple of pinwheels. 

For inspiration on a wide variety of scrappy blue projects visit Scrap Happy Saturday at the SoScrappy blog. 

11 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

those are great monkey blocks. There is going to be a riot of glorious colour in that quilt. And I love that depression block.

Katie Z. said...

Very nice monkey blocks.

Angie said...

Happy Little Monkey blocks - they make me smile!

Teresa in Music City said...

This is one of my favorite little blocks! Yours are so happy and fun and whimsical - love it!!!

Julie in GA said...

Your pale blue HSTs look great with those brighter prints. Terrific little blocks!

Deb A said...

Great depression block. I think any blue counts this month and you have some great baby blues to play with.

Cyn said...

Rowdy is good! lol. Love your Monkey blocks. Super

Sarah said...

What fun blocks. Never seen this one before!

Julierose said...

Love the monkey blocks--I have very few--if any--light blues it seems--just darker ones...I guess I'll take a page from your book and add to my scrappy strippies in the few ones I have...lovely posting, Julierose

Ellen said...

Adorable, fun blocks!

Sheila said...

Love your monkey blocks. Great fabrics!