Thursday, August 29, 2013

Crazy Cravings in September - Part I


I'm a participant in the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013. So far I've made 1 block each month. I've made 3 blocks this month for my Crazy Cravings lap quilt.  I want to have 20 blocks so need to step things up a bit if I want to finish a lap quilt in January 2014.    This is the first block for September. The other two will follow in posts in the next couple of days. 

Start with a bowl of chocolates...

...on one seam stitch up a few bullion star chocolate candies...

 ...on another seam add a herringbone stitch in 3 strands of blue DMC and then in 3 strands of variegated pink DMC and below it add a little lace (actually I think it is hem binding) bordered by chain stitches and french knots.
This seam has some entwined feather stitches in brown and in white perle #8.   Inside the circles I kind of imitated the coffee beans and leaves in the fabric with some lazy daisy stitches and french knots. 

And finally I added buttonhole stitch on one seam and some leaves, lazy daisy and french knots on another seam.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Love your Crazy Cravings quilt blocks--this will be a "scrumtious" quilt...hugs, Julierose

Julierose said...

Did you design all the embroideries? they are wonderful...a real "Yummster" of a quilt...hugs, julierose