Sunday, November 18, 2012

There's a Hole in the Barn Door and other Tales from the Scrap Bag

 I've got two quilt tops ready for donation but won't be able to get to finishing them until the new year. I have some Christmas gifts to finish up first.  Last year I donated quilt blocks to Heartstrings Quilt Project  during their challenge and this year I will be sending quilts to both Wrap a Smile and Wrap Them in Love.  I have a lot of scraps so hope to make at least one quilt a month for donation just from scraps although I will have to buy some batting and probably some backing fabrics.
 Hole in the Barn door was made from some 6.5 inch blocks I had left over from some swaps on the I Spy Yahoo Group.  Some of the backgrounds were old calicos I've had around for a long time.
 You will find all sorts of things going on if you peep through that hole in the barn door.
 I especially like the disco frogs ;-)
 The other quilt top I've shown before as blocks. I have them sewn together now - string blocks with gray centers.
And those are the tales from the scrapbag.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Great use of scraps!

Cathy said...

I love the holes in your barn door!! I have lots more I Spy charms that would be perfect in this!

Anonymous said...

Both quilts look great, but the Hole in the Barn door really appeals to me. Love the red you used for the door.

blessings, jill

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love those brightsZ! Hey, you have spools too, with some jars thrown in! How original!