Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Answer is Blowing in the Wind

What did I do with my yellow scraps- the color for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge?  Well, there weren't many so I had to combine them with orange and red...

...to get enough for 24 - 8 inch crumby bow tie blocks...

...which are now a quilt top blowing in the wind (which makes it difficult to take a photo) that needs some borders. Then it will be a quilt for Quilts Beyond Borders or Wrap-a-Smile. 

I needed some yellow spools for my collection (now I have 150 spools) so I cut into some yellow fabrics for those and I found enough yellow in my postage stamp box (1.5 inch squares) for a yellow patch.

I also decided to cut into some yellow in my stash to work on my Floribunda quilt which is a UFO. I added 13 more blocks for a total of 25.   

So, this month I used up most of my yellow scraps and then started making more.  To check out what everyone else is doing with yellow visit SoScrappy's blog for Scrap Happy Saturday.  I'm going to go check out everyone else's projects and then go work in the garden. It's finally a sunny day and that wind felt so good while I was out taking pictures and the strawberries are ready for picking (and weeding). 

6 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I just love all of your happy yellow blocks! Floribunda is so pretty.

Karen said...

I really like your Floribunda blocks. All your yellow blocks are great.

Julierose said...

Yellow and pink--yum,yum, yummy ! Sooo pretty..hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Making and using scraps is all part of a never ending cycle. So many fun blocks keep coming out in the process though. Congratulations on a great collection of yellow blocks.

Sheila said...

Oh my. I love your yellow blocks!

Angie said...

Love seeing all your sunny yellow projects - they all make me smile!