Sunday, June 9, 2013

Crazy Cravings - June Update

This is my June block for Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013.   The blocks are eventually going to end up in a lap quilt I've named Crazy Cravings. 


Now that I see the embroidery close up I think I need to whip stitch the back stitches on the whipped cream and blueberries and maybe the leaf since you can't really tell what those are.  I can make out the strawberry and the tart okay.
 Here's another close up of some of the stitches. I back stitched some of the words already on the fabric.
 I think the name of the stitch down the side in 3 colors is called a scroll stitch (or was it coral stitch) but really don't remember. I think it looks like frosting.  And speaking of frosting...I outline stitched the frosting lines on the cupcakes.
Here's a pick of the block with 3 of the others I've completed. I now have a total of 6 and think I need 20 for my quilt. 

I've started on July's block. I hand piece my blocks and use an iron on embroidery transfer for the large middle space.     I have a funeral to attend later in the day and then I think I will do some Slow Sunday Stitching.   Kathy's Quilts has a linky party going on if you'd like to be inspired by some of the hand stitching projects. 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Wonderful block and stitching! I love it! Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

This is such a great project...thanks so much for sharing it with all the hand stitchers today! I see some of the "pure" sweetwater fabrics that I love in your blocks! Your stitching is so beautiful and creative!
Is the little cupcake a button you added?
Last question...do you need more fabric, cause I have a couple of small bits that would be delighted to be in your blocks?!?!

Kate said...

What a fun project! Love the fabric choices and the embroidery.

Sherry said...

Lovely stitching and fun fabrics, I'm a new follower and will check back on your progress.

Deb A said...

Such a fun project and cute fabrics. Love the strawberry tart.

Anonymous said...

Great theme for CQ!