Friday, September 16, 2011

Fruit Basket Upset

It started with a 4 patch swap - white tone on tone with fruity colors like grape, blueberry, cherry, tangerine...

...then I added some HSTs, also in fruity colors and then I found a fruity border fabric...

...and I decided on the Jacob's Ladder pattern for sewing them all together...

...then I quilted it on my sewing machine because I don't have a longarm (sigh)...

It's queen-sized, a Christmas gift for someone and I call it "Fruit Basket Upset". I used to love to play that game during recess at grade school. I just had to Google it to remember how it was played.

Excuse me, I think I hear the quilt police knocking...I used a soft (softer than my current bed sheets) pink thrift store bed sheet plus a little of the border fabric for the backing.

No comments: