Wooohooo! Things went better than expected with John's surgery and he didn't need the trach so we got home late yesterday afternoon. He is in pain, has hole where jaw bone used to be and is weak because he had little nutrition for a few days but we are home and on the road to recovery and waiting for culture results.
Thank you all for the prayers, positive vibes, well wishes.
I did mention I was taking along some yarn to crochet some hats for kids on the Rosebud reservation. I did finish 3 of them while in the hospital.
I also finished a book - 7 Days by Mike Kraus, a post-apocalyptic/survival thriller.
9 comments:
So delighted at the news of a positive surgery outcome - you clearly had some nervous energy to dissipate, lots of hats!
Ceci
Praising God for the trach-free, and successful surgery; and skillful knitting to occupy you. Praying for God's grace, strength, encouragement, as you walk moment by moment through John's healing.
Laura H.
Praise the Lord! So glad to hear good news! I know you both must be happy to be home already. I hope John will rest better (and you too!) and feel better and more comfortable each day. Take care.
Great news! Always so good to be home!
Great news for you and John! Prayers that he recovers and gains strength. What a long road both of you have had!
Happy for you guys that things went well with the surgery. Hope it is a speedy recovery. Nice work on the hats, always good to have something to pass the time and keep the fingers busy!
So glad to read your good news!A long road with a now brighter horizon. Hugs!
Good news and super hats!
Awesome news, hope the recovery continues to go well. And nice work on the hats!
Post a Comment