Bright and Wild
42 x 63
A donation quilt
Long ago I used to swap Happy Blocks quarterly with a group of ladies until the group kind of fizzled out. These blocks have 4.5 inch centers and 2 inch sides so finish at 7 inches. Each quarter there was a theme and the theme for these was Bright and Wild.
I have a box of various sized and themed Happy Blocks (I call it the Happy Place) and when I was digging in it I came across this pile and I found I didn't have enough for a donation quilt for kids which I usually make at least 40 x 60. So I made several more blocks to fit the theme. And then made a quilt. Now the box is just a little lighter and I have a quilt to donate.
I quilted with spirals on my DSM. I used all the bright and wild pieces of leftover binding to bind the quilt. Most of the places I donate request the binding be sewn on by machine but I really have a problem with this on my Brother. (It was never a problem on the old Janome so I might have to go use it from now on.) Anyway, no matter which stitch I use - in this case zig zag- stitches get skipped at irregular intervals and I don't know why. It's kind of strange. There's stitches there they just don't zag when they are supposed to all the time. The same thing happened when I tried the blanket stitch on a quilt.
I used the other half of the thrift store sheet leftover from backing a different quilt a few months back.