I'm making my version of the 1718 Coverlet.
I'm using mottled solids (Mirage line from Connecting Threads)
I'm going to sew together the whole darned thing together by hand using the same mosaic patchwork (aka English paper piecing) method that the original maker used.
I'm using ladder stitch, not whip stitch to connect the pieces. I've tried both stitches on other projects but my ladder stitches look better to me.
I've completed six blocks out of 9 in the top row excluding larger blocks on the ends.
You can see the first row at the top of the book cover. And these are the three blocks I have left for the row. Wish me luck on that fleur-de-lis ...so far the blocks have been pretty easy.
This is definitely going to be slow to finish and slow stitching. I think it will be a nice project to work on this summer.