There's been a virtual sew along this weekend with the Heartstrings Quilt Project. Center strings were to be brown and we were stitching together blocks and tops that were "manly looking" for wounded warriors and veterans.
I completed the top and didn't stop there. I added 3 inch borders, sat this achy old body (aka fat butt) on the floor to pin baste it, then proceeded to quilt it on my DSM with some wavy lines and stars.
The backing was pieced as an offset four patch using cocoa Kona I had in my stash (leftover from my Chocolate Dresdens) and some fabric I found on sale at Fabric.com and had delivered in time to use for this quilt. I think it is kind of camouflage looking. The quilting isn't puckered....that's just crumpled a bit near the large star and that's a fold in the fabric I didn't iron out very well. It all should come out in the wash. I have to admit I'm no whizz when it comes to freemotion quilting but I wanted to get this finished and out of here.
Then I made a couple of pillowcases/presentation cases. The bacon trimmed one goes with the brown. The red/pinwheel one goes with another top (not heartstrings) I need to finish.
A big thank you and a hug goes to all who have served so bravely.
So, that's what WAS on my design wall and now is off of it.
To see what others are up to this day visit Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.