Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes - Finished April Goal, Setting May Goal

I've successful met my April goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes  - Complete a top consisting of 120 six inch churn dash blocks made of civil war reproduction fabrics. 


I knew I would be too busy to get it quilted and bound so didn't include that as part of my goal although I did purchase some muslin for the back, just in case.

My May goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to finish an ABC alphabet quilt for my niece Genevieve who is due in June.   I participate in an Alphabet I Spy swap every year and go ahead and make up Happy Blocks so they are ready when I need them.  I iron on textured letters.   I'm going to replace S for Spaceships with S for Seattle Seahawks.    Strange story about that.  Years ago I received the Seahawks fabric by mistake when I placed an online order. I was told to keep it and actual order was later sent.  I had no clue what to do with the fabric except to cut it up and use with other b/w fabric.   Funny thing...last year when my niece got married I read that she got engaged at a Seattle Seahawks game. Who knew her fiance that she met in college in IA was from Seattle and loved the Seahawks!!! 



4 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your churn dashes! Congrats on achieving your goal.

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on making your goal! That's a lot of churn dashes!

What a funny story about the Seahawks fabric. Proof that sometimes it does work to hoard fabric "just in case" ;)

Wendy said...

Well done on reaching your goal, that is a LOT of churn dash blocks!

Andee said...

Love, love, love the churn dash quilt!