I've been working on my applique butterflies. I'm going to try to reproduce a quilt similar to the one I inherited from my grandma. I oopsed in marking antennae on that bottom center one so rubbed some Grandma's Spot Remover into the dark blue marking so it will come out when it eventually gets laundered.
First I applique a butterfly to Kona Snow background using silk thread. Then I blanket stitch around the butterfly in perle #8 and finally I add the antennae and butterfly markings.
I'm no whiz at applique. In fact, I've shied away from it because the few attempts I made at it looked pretty crappy. I'm finding that this is getting a little easier with each block.
Joining others at Kathy's Quilts for some Slow Sunday Stitching.