Friday, July 26, 2013

Seeing Stars



My July goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes was to quilt and bind this Patriotic Stars quilt.  It's also another UFO finished for a UFO challenge and it's the third quilt I've finished for  Patchwork Times QOV Challenge

How about that! Three goals in one! 

58x72
Quilted with loops and stars on my Plain Jane DSM
12 inch (finished) stars were swapped several years ago. 


I was on staycation this week and spent time with the grandkids shopping for school, playing games and teaching the two 8 year olds how to sew on their little Janomes. They made pillows for their moms for Christmas but wouldn't let me take photos.  Also spent time gardening. My retired DH takes care of the veggie garden but doesn't weed my flower gardens and I've been way behind on those pesky weeds. We live out here in the country and this year it looks like some thistles are spreading from who knows where as well as wild raspberries and wild grapes. Arghhhh.   And now my body aches all over. Every inch of it.  Since it has been raining off an on all day and GKs are gone and my body aches I  thought today would be a good time to relax with a glass of homemade blackberry/raspberry wine and to finish hand sewing the binding down on this quilt. 

I finished my goal for Lovely Year of Finishes and will be linking up to the Finishes Party. 
Since it's a finish I'm also linking to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts. 




6 comments:

Jane said...

Love it! So fresh and simple!

FiberOfAllSorts said...

So many many things in one post. Great job and a lovely finished quilt.

Thanks for linking up.

Izzy said...

Beautiful finish! I'm a huge fan of star quilts and yours doesn't disappoint. Very nice! :-)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

What a beauty! I love stars of all kinds and I really like the quilting.

ipatchandquilt said...

Very pretty colour combination! Gorgeous quilt!!! Congratulations on the finish!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous quilt