Story Time
each 41 x 41
I received a baggie of charms/5 inch squares from Ry Lynn and on baggie was written "Story Time squares". There were 48 gray squares and there were 48 plaid squares. I wasn't familiar with Story Time quilts so went hunting and found a free pattern for Storytime Squares Quilt.
I divided the squares up for two quilts and used yellow sashing in one and...
...blue in the other.
And sew on...
***
The rain left for a day and the butterflies and bees came dancing around again. So instead of weeding as intended I decided to take some photos. I hope someday to document my gardens in a scrapbook full of photos, seed catalog pages and seed packets and info from old herbals. Then when I am too old or ill to make it out to the garden I can look through my scrapbooks.
9 comments:
Great butterfly and bee photos--so neat;))) hugs, Julierose
I didn't know about Storytime Squares quilt either. Lovely photos of your garden. I can almost hear the birds sing and bees buzz. ;^)
Beautiful photos!
-LTH
Love your idea for a book you can flip through once wandering or working in your gardens isn't practical. perhaps order the photos now and keep them all in one spot so they aren't lost when the time comes (more like a build it as you go along approach).
Great little quilts. I hadn't heard of Storytime Squares either. Easy and fun pattern using 5" squares. Love your garden photos. A garden scrap book sounds like a good idea.
I always enjoy your garden tours along with your scrap magic quilts :-)
Monarchs and zinnias- my two most favorite things!!
I love the zinnias. I plant them for the monarchs. Your photos show evidence the monarchs love them too.
Garden photo book would be awesome! These storytime quilts are so cute! Not what I was thinking of when I bagged those squares but what a lucky find you have there!
Post a Comment