Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

The Green Contessa Finish


It's a finish!
Green Contessa
40 x 60



I made the complete block set back in July 2025 and put them in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) bin. At that time, I also made blocks for a blue version as well as a pink version. I wanted to use up scraps that accumulated in the 2.5 inch width box. 

(It is actually what I call a Basket Weave pattern).

BUT
I didn't use a jellyroll. 
I didn't make as many blocks.
I didn't make stripsets of 5 WOF strips (because I didn't have that many). Instead I made 4 strip sets of 3 or 4 strips and then cut them into the 6.5 inch sections and added  2.5 x 6.5 inch rectangle(s) (from 2.5 inch width scrap bin) to the ends of each section. 


This month I assembled the top and quilted it on my sewing machine with vertical and horizontal lines. 


The back and binding. 

Now it's ready to go hug a wee one. 

And sew on...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your vist and your time. I enjoy your comments and try to respond to them all although sometimes it might take me awhile!