Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Hat Tricks


I've been crocheting some hats for Christmas gifts for kids on the Rosebud reservation. I have a bin of old yarn I have been using left over from the days I made things for my grandkids. 

I've been trying different patterns looking for an easy one I could work on while I'm with John in the hospital after his surgery. I usually just take along my kindle loaded with books but sometimes a lot of reading makes me drowsy.  So this time I'll crochet and I'll read. 

I wanted a pattern that could be easily worked without many increases/decreases, row counting, etc. In a hospital I can be easily distracted and lose my place. 

This one was pretty easy. I did add 3 rows of single crochet at bottom for a little band on this one. 

This one is really easy so this is the one I will take along to work on. I think I will take a big skein of yarn like red or black along with little bits of leftover yarns and make the band with leftover yarn and add a couple of stripes around in that same color just to spice things up a bit. 

Can you tell that I like variegated yarns? 

And sew on...




 

2 comments:

  1. I may pack the same tools for my hub's surg this week. Except, I'll be trying again to learn how to do it.
    Laura H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your vist and your time. I enjoy your comments and try to respond to them all although sometimes it might take me awhile!