It's a finish!
Orphan Delilah
42 x 56
Top was made in August 2025. I framed 12 inch finished orphan blocks received from others with black and white fabrics. I quilted it on my Brother sewing machine with swirls. I bound it with a black and white stripe.
I was thinking I was going to back the quilt with black and white stripe I used for the binding. I wound bobbins and threaded my machine with a light gray thread then went off to pin baste the quilt. When I went to pin baste the b/w stripe fabric I had prepared (and thought I measured before I ironed it) was not quite wide enough. Darn it! Well, I had this red fabric prepared for another quilt so used it instead of the b/w stripe. So....I am so darned mad at myself that with the change of backing I did not change the bobbin thread to red. So the backing clearly shows every place where my old fingers slipped, paused or went off course while quilting- a bumpy ride. I guess since it is a child's comfort quilt I could always include a little toy car and say the back is a maze, a road for a car.
And sew on...
***
And these old fingers had to once again replace John's G-tube yesterday.
***
I'm glad to report that the portable air conditioner I installed is keeping the dining and living room cool! What took me so long?
The quilting looks okay from here! And I wonder if the stripe, being so narrow, might have been too much for a back? It looks great as binding at least and the red is nice. My hubby put central air in here a few years back, to my dismay, but let me tell you I'm glad he did it now! Isn't it amazing what we put up with before air conditioning?!
ReplyDeleteI have yet to have all my stitches straight in a quilt 😄 ots not that quilting takes me a long time it my fingers spasms 🤣your quilt looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThere's giraffes, lions, candies and a jar of nick knacks in there, the child won't look at the stitches. But turning the meander into roads sounds like a fun idea. I'm sure the mother of the potential owner will also appreciate the quilt. Like the potential owner, the quilt is not perfect but it's still beautiful. Give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it. Love you. ;^)
ReplyDeleteIt's a colorful and fun quilt, Cathy, with the different orphan blocks. A kid will love it and not even look at the stitches.
ReplyDelete