Saturday, November 18, 2017

Using 2.5 Inch Scraps and Then Some


I used up some 2.5 inch scraps this week and made three 10 inch Crazy Ladies of the Lake blocks. 
I use scrap chunks to make the centers. 

I'm aiming for a large quilt  with no sashing so this Rainbow Scrap Challenge project will continue into next year. 

I also made a brown 8 inch Depression Block from 2.5 inch scraps.  And I finally finished the yellow one I found in pieces in with the finished blocks.  I've been making these for years but still don't have enough for a BIG quilt so this, too, will continue into next year as a RSC project. 

Speaking of Rainbow Scrap Challenge...you can find an array of Rainbows each ScrapHappy Saturday.  And who doesn't need a rainbow each week? 

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I remember those Depression Blocks from a long time ago; in fact, they were something I almost did this year because of you! LOL. I love the little turkey in the center of that Lady block. Too cute!

Nann said...

The word "gallimaufry" popped into my head. You are welcome to use it to name one of your super-scrappy quilts. (I really like the Crazy Ladies.)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wonderful use of your BROWN scraps!!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh Oh I. LIKE.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

There are so many great blocks you can make with scrappy HSTs! I love both of yours!

Magpie Sue said...

I have a Lady of the Lake top my great grandmother pieced. It never occurred to me to make one myself until I saw your Crazy Ladies blocks. Might have to join you in that adventure!

gayle said...

I love those ladies!

Linda said...

Love your blocks, especially the Lady of the Lake ones. Perhaps I'll trry those next year for RSC 2018. Glad to managed to finish the yellow block.