Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Kaleidoscope of Butterflies

X Stitch Butterflies on X stitch morning glories on stamped embroidery pillowcases. 

(Found long ago w/o embroidery at the thrift store for $2.50 so decided I might as well finish them and either use them, add to the grandkids' hope chests or give as gift). 


I'm pretty sure this is a Comma on that blade of grass. 

(Found on an evening walk through my gardens. )


Tiger Swallowtail on Joe Pye Weed

(Found on an evening walk through my gardens). 

Skipper on Lantana

(Found on my deck - one of many Skippers that were fascinated with the potted Lantana one afternoon while I was sipping on a margarita and munching on mango salsa and chips). 



5 comments:

Kaja said...

The Comma is one of my favourites, though ours tend not to be so dark on the lower half as yours is.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Lovely butterfly pillowcases. They will be a beautiful finish. Happy stitching! --Andrea

Monica said...

That photo with the lantana is gorgeous! I am amazed at all the great shots you get. 😀

margaret said...

good to see you are completing the pillow cases.
Certainly your garden attracts lots of butterflies, have seen very few here this year and they were cabbage white ones

Janie said...

I love your embroidery work. I'm always drawn to embroidery.
And you do get great butterfly photos. Mango salsa and a margarita maybe that's
part of the recipe for success.
Thanks for hosting with Ann, Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.