Thursday, July 6, 2017

Peacock Fans


I've finished the fan applique on the last eight of twenty blocks for my Peacock Fan quilt.  


I haven't worked on these since September 29 last year while sitting in the waiting room at the hospital during my husband's fourteen hour surgery.  Now this quilt will always remind me of that day. 

Now I'm ready to move forward with next steps. 

Pattern is called Antique Fans and is from the book The Best of Fons and Porter. 

Hmmmmm...what to do with the leftover scraps?  Ideas are forming as we speak. 


12 comments:

gayle said...

There's never an end to the ideas, is there?
Can't wait to see what's next!

Linda said...

Fabulous fans! The colours are so rich, love them. Yes, I am sure you will never forget putting those together.

Julierose said...

Yet another gorgeous block--love that peacock fabric--I like busy backgrounds in my quilts too. The corner fans are luscious...hugs, Julierose

---"Love" said...

Again, amazing and beautiful! ---"Love"

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blocks are really fun to look at, Cathy! Such a great idea to use the peacocks for the background fabric. And a good way to pass the time in the waiting room when you can't do anything else. What are you going to use for the sashing?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Sounds like me. I see the light at the end of a project but I start two new ones with the leftovers. Your blocks are lovely. I had forgotten about them.

margaret said...

lovely blocks wonder wa=hat you will do with leftovers I love working with my scrappy bits

Monica said...

That peacock fabric is fantastic, and perfect for this design. I definitely think you have improved on the original!

Emily said...

Wow, these are great! I love that peacock background fabric. This is going to be gorgeous!

Louise said...

Oh, these are so pretty! Are you going to use blue for the sashing, like in the pattern photo?

QuiltGranma said...

beautiful! thank you for sharing.

Sally Trude said...

Truly awesome.