Orphan Block Quilt
40 x 60
The middle orphan blocks are called Practical Orchard (I think). I swapped them long, long ago but didn't like some of the blocks because the points didn't match up nicely, some of the HSTs are turned the wrong way, etc, etc. Well, they sat around long enough that I finally decided to let them out of the bag to star in a quilt for donation.
I added a couple of strips of butterflies on either side of those blocks.
And then I added some Rail Block orphans to the top and bottom plus some extra strips to make a 40 inch width. I quilted it on my DSM with what I guess is a serpentine stitch. This was a first try of quilting with a decorative stitch on my machine.
I pieced together my batting strips. I used a thrift store sheet for the backing and some strips left over from backing used on another quilt for the binding.