60 x 84
This will be donated for silent auction at my son-in-law's benefit September 24. He has acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and the medical bills are mounting and now the oncologist has said he will probably need a bone marrow transplant.
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a quilt that might not bring in as much as it was really worth in time and materials. I would rather just give that money outright to my daughter and son-in-law and family(and have) than lose money on a quilt. So, I turned to the scrap bin and have pretty much only my time invested in this quilt. And I actually needed some mindless sewing therapy now so the time was well spent. Win, win!
I actually keep an autumn box of bits and pieces of scraps. I throw in browns, golds, reds, deep purples, yellows, oranges...well, you know the colors of autumn in all it's glory.
I had a couple of 12 inch wonky logs already in the box so I just made more. For the centers I used some swapped "charms" in an autumn theme that I swapped oh so many years ago. They have been in the bottom of the autumn scrap box for ages - it was time for them to see the light of day.
I pieced together leftover batting and then quilted it on my DSM with some sunflowers...
...with some leaves and three petaled flowers...
...with some pumpkins.
I've never really "doodled" like that on a quilt but it was actually kind of fun.
I used leftover binding pieces in autumn colored solids (red, purple, orange, yellow) and a piece of autumn paisley for the backing.