Sunday, June 26, 2016

Redwork Nursery Rhymes


When you don't have air conditioning you don't work on hand quilting big quilts this time of year. Instead you work on smaller items like these redwork Ruby McKim nursery rhyme blocks posted last year by Martha at Q is for Quilter. And with these two I now have completed 12 of the 20 blocks. 

I'm getting ready to go embroider some more blocks out on the deck, listen to nature sounds, chat with hubby and drink a margarita. Hopefully my embroidery won't be crooked. 


6 comments:

Janie said...

Happy summer to you! Great ideas, I'm in.

Vic in NH said...

Nice red work! Hope the deck affords some shade and breezes to enjoy.

Kate said...

Your redwork designs are adorable!

Ivani said...

cute redwork blocks

Anonymous said...

Love these! I love summer, but since we don;t ave AC either it cuts down on my quilting time. Handwork to the rescue . . .

Deb said...

I just love your embroidered blocks, I hope you caught nice breezes today. Even with AC here in Florida its still too hot to have a large quilt project to work on, or at least it is for me.