63 x 78
These blocks were swapped in 2009. They were my first attempt at fusible applique and I really didn't like them after I made them but swapped anyway. We could use any Sunbonnet Sue pattern and white on white background. We were supposed to use fusible applique and then machine stitch around the shapes.
Luckily after the swap I had the same amount of them facing different directions so I could alternate blocks. A couple of years ago I sashed them with some 30s reproductions and "that green". I had some 3 inch 9 patches in 30s from another swap so I threw some of those in too. And so the top has been sitting around for another couple of years. I really don't like the stiffness of the fused interfacing but figured a quilt is better than wasted blocks.
So, I quilted it on my plain Jane DSM with some three petaled flowers and on the dress and bonnet I quilted some really tiny 3 petaled flowers...really tiny.
I didn't quilt into the arm and shoes so they sort of stand out as 3D. All that quilting in Sue kind of softened the fusible interfacing.
I used a vintage sheet on the back.
My husband and I are from large families and our siblings are all becoming grandparents many times over so I'm sure there will be a girl baby coming along soon that will need a quilt that's perfect for crawling around on.
I can cross another UFO off my list.
Linking up today to:
and a new one