Lozenges (aka Suppositories)
It's a top made from 2 x 4.5 lozenges - 760 of them.
It's too long for the clothesline and it is very wet outside so...
...here it is turned on it's side.
I think I have a piece of wide muslin for the back and I think I will machine quilt it on my plain Jane DSM with some straight lines.
I started working on these late in 2014 and all through 2015 as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project.
I have jokingly been referring to these as suppositories because they are kind of a pain in the patooty to make....well, they are not all that difficult to make but they are sooo boring with those little 1.5 inch corners that need to be sewn and trimmed - four of them on each of those 760 units. Good thing I only made a few of the color of the month each month or I never would have seen these through to a top. I'm not a leader/ender sort of gal so don't make any quilts using that method.
Holidays are rather stressful for me. I'm not really a people person even if the people are my family and friends...I prefer to spend time by myself. These suppositories were just the right mindless kick-in-the-booty type of cure that could see me through the holidays, the people, the stress. You can't top that! (Er, I guess I did...top it).