Saturday, October 17, 2015

Brownies


Brown is the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I used my 1.5 inch scraps to make up four 9 inch butterfly blocks (aka Beggar Blocks). 


I then made two more blocks in white and cream because that is all I needed to bring my total blocks to 56. 


I've been making these blocks since last year.  I was inspired by a vintage butterfly quilt  I had seen at a blog called Nostalgia Cafe.  


This week I also got as far as cutting pieces for 29 brown 3 inch Spool blocks but haven't had a chance to get them assembled yet.  There's always next week...or the week after...or the week after that...or...

Got scraps?
Join us each ScrapHappy Saturday. 

14 comments:

Sally Trude said...

I'm still waiting for chocolate covered cherries!

Julierose said...

Oh yummy--I forgot about choc brownies--I am definitely a "foodie quilter". Love those butterflies--hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

That's a LOT of butterflies . . . have fun putting that top together (and yes, the spools will not run away).

Magpie Sue said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the end product of all these blocks - but I'll be patient!

Angie said...

Now I'm craving brownies! Looking forward to seeing all the butterflies together.

Nell's Quilts said...

Looks like the butterflies will make a striking quilt. Looking forward to reading about the finished flimsy/quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you've made good progress and have enough BROWN scraps to keep you busy for a while yet!!

Jennifer said...

thanks for stopping by! I love your butterflies= the blue for the sky is just perfect!

sunny said...

Mmmm...now I'm hungry for brownies! Your butterfly quilt is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see it all put together.

PaulaB quilts said...

You have a big swarm? Bevee? Cloud? Of butterflies, love those pink ones. Keep up the good work!

Kate said...

You've definitely got a bevy of beautiful butterflies!

Kaja said...

I like your inspiration a lot and these blocks are coming along too - are you going to be sewing them together now?

scraphappy said...

Another bunch of great blocks to add to the mix. It won't be long now until the quilts are ready to come together.

Sheila said...

Beautiful butterflies. Looking forward to seeing them fly together in a quilt top. This is a five Saturday month. Lots of time to play with brown scraps.