40 x 60
From six inch and four inch orphan blocks
The pinwheels are all leftover from a Patches and Pinwheels quilt I made several years ago. Most of the other blocks have come from various swaps over the years and I just never found a use for them.
Those hearts and the rosebud block are also mine.
To make the quilt I paired blocks together into sets of four and made 12 inch blocks. Then I added a yellow 2.5 inch border to brighten it up a bit. I wanted it to be a little longer so I then added some of those 4 inch blocks from a pile of I-forget-what-you-call-them blocks (like a snowball but with only two corners). The binding was in blue to match the backing and was machine stitched as requested by Quilts Beyond Borders.
The backing was the other half of the sheet leftover from the last donation quilt. And I quilted it on my DSM in some spirals...uneven and lopsided and sometimes shaky spirals...but spirals nonetheless. Now you know why I had quilt a lot of quilts.
This was goal #12 for the 2015 Q3 Finish Along with Adrianne of On the Windy Side.
And today I'm going over to: