Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Every Once in Awhile A Girl Needs a Quickie


On my UFO tab I have "box of various themed Happies and orphans for donation quilts" listed.  I probably have enough bits and pieces for about 20 quilts in that UFO box alone.  

Since I signed up for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge I hunted around in the box for the makings of a quickie quilt or two.  I found about 25 Owl themed 8 inch Happy Blocks in there and some 4.5 inch strips of Owl fabric for the makings of a few more blocks.  (Blocks are 4.5 inch centers and 2.5 inch strips for sides)


Ten additional blocks later I had 35 blocks in a 5 x 7 layout for a 40 x 56 quilt top.  I also found some dotty  fabric in the stash suitable for the backing but after I took this picture on Sunday I found a piece of Owl fabric big enough for the backing and was too lazy to take another pic.  Whoooo knew that with this quickie I could kill two birds with one stone...I'll soon be able to mark another UFO off my entirely-too-long  list and I'll soon have a quilt ready for Happy Chemo. 


6 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Whooooo couldn't love this quilt???? Thanks so much for the dimensions, too.

audrey said...

This is just too funny.:) Very sweet and fast little quilt!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You sure know how to get someone's attention. Someday I hope to have some time for something quick and simple

Cathy said...

Quickies and hooters.... Yep, we're a bunch of Dirty Old Ladies, hehe. I love that you can just throw things together like that - and they are so cute!! Rock on!

Ann said...

I love all the owls! How kind of you to make such quilts for charity.

Ann said...

I love all the owls! How kind of you to make such quilts for charity.