Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thirties Thursday - Wagon Wheels


A few of us members of the Stashbusters Yahoo Group are participating in a 30s Reproduction Fabric Bin Bust Challenge.   I'm also participating in the Stashbusters UFO Challenge. I have a lot of UFOs that use 30s fabrics. 

Every Thursday I hope to post work on some of my UFOs/WIPs that use 30s fabrics - Thirties Thursday...catchy, huh? 

Quite some time ago  (July 2013) I had made these four Wagon Wheel blocks using a solid and a 30s fabric.  I used a vintage McCall's pattern.   I got the crazy notion that I wanted to try something with curves for the first time.  I wasn't sure I liked making curves back then.  So the blocks were thrown into a UFO box - #8 on my UFO list this year. 



This week I made four more blocks to keep the originals company and busted a little fabric besides. 
I have a long way to go before I have enough for the big quilts I like to make.  But, I have to say that I don't mind making curves so much these days.  In fact, I rather enjoy them. 

5 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love these! I love sewing curves too! Isn't funny how our skills improve over time. Always love the wonderful fabrics in your quilts!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great blocks!!!!

audrey said...

Ooh, loving this block pattern with your bright prints!

Ann said...

Wagon wheel is such a great block!. I'm so glad you're working on this again. Thirties Thursdays sounds like a good way to keep the momentum going. I look forward to seeing how you progress.

Ellen said...

Your blocks look so good!!