Saturday, January 3, 2015

Some Blue 2.5 Inch Scraps


Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015 color of the month is blue - not light, not dark, but otherwise blue. 

This week I used up some 2.5 inch pieces. 

I love the Kaleidoscope block so am making another quilt with the block again this year.  Except this year the block is 8 inches finished and I'll just use the color of the month to make my blocks.  Corners will be solid color.   If I try to make 10 blocks each month I should have enough for a good sized quilt come year end. 



I also made some  6 inch Pentland Crackers from my blue 2.5 inch scraps.  I was looking for ideas for 2.5 inch scraps and then, lo and behold, Nann  (member of the Block Swappers Yahoo Group) decided to have a Pentland Cracker swap.   Since I'm a sucker for swaps ( I like to receive snail mail, I guess) I decided to join in and just so I have enough blocks to make a quilt at year end I decided to also make this one of my RSC 2015 blocks. 

Got Scraps?
Use them up and  then show off each ScrapHappy Saturday at the RSC linky party. .

Oh, and I apologize if you have left me a comment on my last couple of posts and did not receive a reply from me.  I've been sick and unable to drag myself out of bed to go to work (nice use of vacation time, huh?), read emails or sew (well couldn't have done that anyway since my sewing machine has been sick too), . I think everyone brought their cooties ( I said bring cookies, not cooties)  to my house on Christmas and left them here.   All is well now. 

18 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ihope you feel better quickly! Love your little cracker blocks - those will be cute. And your web ones!

Julierose said...

I love your blues blocks...you have a great selection of fabrics! Mine are VERY restricted! But am going on with them...they are scraps after all...hugs, Julierose

Ellen said...

Great blocks! You always come up with the most interesting blocks. I don't think I have ever heard of the Pentland Cracker block.

Nell's Quilts said...

This kaleidoscope quilt should have such a different feel to it. I like the solids in the corners. Lovely cracker blocks. The variety in the blue fabrics is quite spectacular.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! You'll have two fun quilts by the end of the year.

Jeanne said...

Nice blues! I'm going to take another look at those Pentland Crackers.

Terri said...

Great blue blocks. Glad you are feeling better.
Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...

Some great blues here and wonderful block.

Sally Trude said...

Wonderful blocks as always. I am a bit worried about that print with the cats in red hats and scarves. I think that's the definition of cooties.

Katie Z. said...

I hope you're feeling well soon! Your crackers look great.

Andee said...

I feel like a slacker, no time for blue yet but will be getting to it. Love your cracker blocks..I want to make more of those too...now if I can find time I might add that to my list..

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Your blocks look great! I really like the kaleidoscope ones. I am joining RSC for the first time. I hope you feel better and thank you for the inspiration!

Laura said...

I love both of your projects! So pretty. Your blocks make the blue sparkle.

Deb A said...

Great projects! Glad you are on the mend... maybe a wall hanging for the door next Christmas to leave the germs at home? Hugs.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love these two projects - you're going to be busy!

scraphappy said...

Looks like you've got two great projects underway for 2015. Sorry to hear about the cooties. Sometimes sharing isn't nice.

Sheila said...

Love your blue blocks. I hope you feel better soon, dear.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad you are doing kaleidoscope blocks again -- smart to go with solid corners!!