Monday, January 12, 2015

Dots and Dashes


Ever play the game Dots and Dashes when you were a kid? 

Don't know why but these blocks remind me of that game.  

And they also remind me of the song Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me. 

Block Swappers Yahoo Group swapped these six inch blocks a couple of times.   I want 224 blocks for my quilt and I'm going to alternate polka dot background blocks with striped background blocks.  That means I need 8 more blocks with polka dot backgrounds and 22 more with striped backgrounds and then I can assemble my top (and then I can get it quilted , bound and labeled and then I can cross it off my UFO list).  . 

Ta-da!
I made them yesterday.  
Eight with polka dot backgrounds...

...twelve with striped backgrounds (and it looks like one to fix)...

...and that makes 22 with striped backgrounds!


5 comments:

Debra said...

Your blocks are very colorful and a lot of fun!

Ariane said...

I love your blocks!!

Chantal said...

these blocks will make such a beautiful bright and fun quilt. I love ShooFly.

Annie said...

We used to play that game! Don't remember what we called it. I love your blocks! I'm going to save the idea of using dots and stripes together! I have lots of each.

Anonymous said...

Haha, it took a couple seconds to find the one you said you have to fix.

Love your blocks :)