Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Hand Quilted Category


I've entered my Stash Baskets quilt into the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side - 

72 x 84
I've done regular hand quilting in the ditch between blocks and did big stitching in perle #8 navy thread. 


I actually used a 10 inch Cake Stand block but switched direction on the two HSTs closest to the basket. 
I also used a variety of fabrics from my stash in blues, purples, reds and yellows. 


It was a lot of fun finding things to put in my baskets. I hate to admit I had all these things to fill the baskets already in my stash too. 


I enjoyed big stitching but need to work on keeping my stitches even. 

After a go in the washer it didn't fall apart so there must have been just the right amount of quilting. 


This was a lot of fun to make and to quilt.  
I'm ready to do more hand quilting!

AmysCreativeSide.com

10 comments:

Maggie said...

Such stunning colours...what a beautiful quilt. I love the hand quilting. X

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty baskets

Kaja said...

Lovely bright colours - this really caught my eye.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

I love all the vibrant colours in this quilt. Your hand quilting looks lovely too. The big stitches with Perle 8 give quite a different look to traditional hand quilting.

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

Such happy colors, that is a really beautiful quilt!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful. I love your baskets and the colors you chose are so fun and cheerful! :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That block is definitely on my to-do list ... and seeing yours is making me re-think its position on that list. ;-) What a beautiful quilt!

audrey said...

Such a fun quilt! Love how colorful it is and of course I always love baskets.:)

Kate said...

Love how you "filled" the baskets. It's a such a fun and colorful quilt.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Very colorful. And I love the fabric you used to fill your baskets. It gave me an idea to use up my leftover Farmer Market fabric. Thanks for sharing.