Monday, February 17, 2014

Beads on a String



Well, I punched in at work at 6 a.m. and left work at 9 a.m.   There is a winter weather advisory in effect for most of the day. We are supposed to get 6-7 inches of snow mixed with sleet at times and high winds that will cause low visibility, blowing and drifting.  I live out in the country and have a long commute time so thought I should try to get home before I get stuck at work.   And so now that gives me time to catch up on blog hopping and answering emails (while I still have internet).  And, it leaves time for sewing. 



This month's block at Block Lotto is Bead on a String on white background with beads in orange, yellow, maroon.  There's no maroon in my stash and very little orange or yellow but I managed to squeeze out a few blocks.  I don't really think I'm a fan of circles but just had to try to make a few. 


Mod-Mod QAL on the Block Lotto
I'm also participating in the Block Lotto Mod Mod QAL so had to (well, I guess I really didn't have to but I did) make 13 beads for my Full/Queen sized quilt. 





I'm making my Mod Mod quilt in complementary colors so here is what I ended up from my pile of scraps.  I need 4 sets of three sewn together and one single. 



And  the beads will be mixed with my January Block Lotto Chevron blocks...


...in this configuration from the Mod Mod QAL Feb update

I think this quilt is definitely going to be wild. 

If this all looks interesting, fun and/or challenging join up at Block Lotto and get in on the action! 


Join me on the Block Lotto Blog
blocklotto.com



Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times where I always see new projects I want to start.


1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Stay safe and warm! Love your bead blocks - that will be an amazing quilt!