Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Monthly Miscellany

I've made a mishmash of blocks this month for various lottos and swaps.  Above are 4-12 inch blocks I made for Sunshine Online Quilt Guild's block lotto.  Each month has a theme and this month was red and black.  We send in as many pairs of blocks as we want. One goes to the drawing and the other goes to the lady who runs the block lotto to make into quilts for Wrap-a-Smile or Quilts Beyond Borders. 


Speaking of lottos...I joined up with Block Lotto last month. The oh-so-creative Sophie designed this oak leaf block in batiks for this month so I made nine blocks for the drawing from batiks I had in my stash. I don't normally like leaf blocks but I do love this one.  

For a scrappy 30s reproduction 12 inch block swap with ladies of the 30sFabricQuilting Yahoo Group I made 6 Bear Track blocks....


 ...6 Broken Sugar Bowl blocks...

...6 Dutchman 's Puzzle blocks....

...and 6 Kansas Dugout blocks. 

Can't wait to see what I get back.  Why not participate in some of the fun and join up with any or all of the groups I've mentioned in this post.   We'd love to meet you and sew along with you. 

3 comments:

Terri said...

That's a lot of work! Very pretty blocks. I can't wait to see what you get back.
Hugs

Ellen said...

That is a lot of fun variety!

Ellen said...

I have decided to participate in Block Lotto. It looks like a fun group to join.