Monday, August 26, 2013

QOV part II on the Design Wall

Yesterday, amidst the making/canning of spaghetti sauce and catsup I managed to make a 10 more 6 inch Twinkler blocks  with blue backgrounds for a QOV quilt.  I need 10 more blocks with blue backgrounds and 20 more with red backgrounds and I'll be ready for assembly. 


Quilt will alternate red and blue background Twinklers and have some Wonky Tall Stars (this month's Block Lotto block) for a top and bottom border.



I also used up some red and blue strings for 5 blocks for Alycia's Big Blowout Block Drive.   Add to that the 35 blue/yellow blocks I made for the drive and I'm up to a total of 40 blocks now! 

There's some gorgeous projects up on Design Walls linked up at Judy's Patchwork Times. Go visit!

4 comments:

straythreads said...

WOW those look like the 4th of July!

Barb in Mi said...

Looking great! And all for a good cause. Perfect! Thanks for the reminder - I need to get going on some blocks for Alycia as well...

Dasha said...

Love you twinkler blocks. Such a good use of scraps! Can I pinch that inspiration?

Bonnie said...

You've bee busy! I keep forgetting to grab strings to make for Alycia. It'll be 9October before we know it!