Monday, June 17, 2013

Time Warp

I have quite a few UFOs that use 30s reproduction fabrics (or fabrics I think remind me of my grandma's quilts). I decided I need to get them all finished before I start another 30s project. So, this weekend I worked on: 



7 more Tulip Blocks







9 more Great Granny blocks (only need 8 more for a total of 42, I think!) 




3 more Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks - Buckwheat, Butterfly at the Crossroads and...


...Cups and Saucers.  I need to count how many more I need to finish this quilt.  I file the blocks in between the pages and I probably shouldn't but other wise I probably wouldn't remember the name of the blocks or which ones I had finished. 


And I made 16 more String Star blocks

For a total of 46  that will be sewn together into groups of 4 


I can't help but feel happy stuck in a 30s time warp. 

To see what others have stuck on their design walls visit Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful work going on here....

Sarah Martin said...

Wow, have you ever been busy! All the blocks look great, but I do love the spiderwebs especially with that green...How perfect!

Quilty Conscience said...

When repro's first came out I thought "ewww" not in a good way. Now I love them. I'm always running behind the curve. I too pick fabrics that "look" like ones Grandma would have used, rather than just one's called "repro or '30ies) You have many lovely quilts going!

audrey said...

Oh how fun! Love your tulip blocks and your great granny's are in wonderful colors too.

Jeanne said...

LOVE yout tulip blocks! I have a similar strings project going :)
Jeanne

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Gorgeous blocks! I have a 30's spiderweb UFO too... I just love that pattern for these pretty fabrics. They are all just yummy!