Saturday, June 29, 2013

Crumby Yellow


I didn't have many yellow scraps for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I had to combine with some orange and red scraps and with a pink background I made some crumby bow tie blocks which have now been turned into a quilt top that eventually will be quilted and go to Wrap a Smile. 

To see what others have done with yellow scraps: Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Scrap Happy Saturday
To learn more about Wrap a Smile visit Sunshine Online Quilt Guild blog (and maybe even join our Yahoo group). 

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Your quilt top makes me smile. It's sure to bring a smile to a little child's face.

Edith said...

That's a cute quilt Cathy, very productive of you.

Angie said...

Really visually stunning - great use of scraps and color!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great use of your yellow scraps. I love the bow tie blocks. I see a little paw print fabric that looks so very cute.

scraphappy said...

So cute! Glad you were able to stretch your scraps to make it work.

KatieQ said...

This is a great idea. I never would have thought of using crumb blocks that way. It's perfect for a WAS quilt.

audrey said...

Love this quilt! Great way to use up your scraps!