Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Variety of 9 Patches


I've worked in the last week a little on various projects that involve 9 patches. All are so different.  First are the Twinklers using some red scraps. Along with the blue Twinklers they will make up a quilt for Quilts of Valor.


I also turned some of my 3 inch 9 patches from a swap with a Yahoo Group into 5 inch Sister's Choice blocks.  I've been using blue for the star points and WOW fabrics for background.  So far I have 156 blocks and I think I figured I need 388 for the size quilt I want to make.  So far I don't think I have any repeat fabrics in the 9Ps. I love looking at all the various fabrics in the 9Ps I receive in the swaps held 3 times each year.  This has been a UFO for quite a while and will probably continue to be one for quite another while.



And finally I've made some 9P blocks for another swap for another Yahoo Group. This time they are 6 inch blocks  and consist of a 30s reproduction fabric plus a white solid. I used Kona White although I usually like to use Kona Snow with 30s but it might not be as white as the other whites used in the swap.     A set consists of 5 blocks of each configuration as shown.  After I get the swapped blocks back I'm going to turn them into a 14 inch block like I saw at the Quilt Ladies website which looks like a combination of 9P and Churn Dash and then some.  I probably have enough 30s scraps to use up in those blocks.


6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very very nice

Thim3 said...

These blocks are so pretty....I love your blog...you inspire me so much with all the pretty quilts you do. I love to make nine patch quilts...could you please tell me what size blocks and corner block for the star are in your twinklers..they are so cute.
thim3@hotmail.com

Vic in NH said...

I'm always dazzled when I visit of all the eye candy you show! The twinklers are just so bright and happy, good job!

Ellen said...

Wonderful! Nine patches really are such a great block.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So pretty! I love your red twinklers and how you are using your small 9 patches. That's a lot of blocks!

Terri said...

Fun post! Love the stars!
Hugs