Monday, December 17, 2012

Crazy Basket Case - Still a WIP

 I've finished 3 more blocks for my Crazy Basket Case Lap Quilt.

 I still have 2 more blocks to finish in order to complete a total of 20 blocks.
Despite that fact, I've started assembling the rows 1-3. And, wouldn't you know it...there were some odd sized blocks in row 2 because of the bigger basket embroidery transfers I used and so I miscalculated the sizes of the other blocks needed for that row.  So, now I need to make a little 4 inch CQ strip for filler. I'm going to feather stitch along the seams where the blocks join. Then, I haven't quite figured out if I'm going to tie or hand quilt it. Decisions, decisions...

And, I've got 2.5 blocks already completed for my CQJP 2013 lap quilt.  I figure I need 20 blocks again so I'm going to try to make 2 per month. I'll show that project Jan 1. Today I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.  where everyone shows off what they are working on.


4 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

This is looking good!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your work is just gorgeous! I can't stop looking at it...

Amy said...

Cathy,
Can't wait to see it all finished up. It is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love the embroidery you use in your crazy quilting - it's what brought me over from the CQJP2012 blog pages. These baskets are the best!