Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Looking for Fun and Feeling Groovy (and Nostalgic).

Remember the '70s? Long hair, no bra, flowers in your hair! 

 Did you drive a VW bug like I did? My first car - a 1969 VW beige beetle. Remember "slug a bug, no return"?
 Peace, love, and flowers...
 And even more peace, love and flowers.
 Happy block quilts aren't just for kids. This one is for my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas. Peace, baby. I'm feeling groovy. Can you dig it? I think they will think it lots of fun.

And the local thrift store had a perfect backing. It's been here in a pile for about 2 years waiting for the perfect quilt.


I have fond memories of the 70s. We had two children in the 70s, got married (yes, in that order), bought our first house (3 bedroom, 2 bath for $32,000.00) and lived in Florida at the time just a short walk from the beach. Ah, to be young again! (I still have long hair and prefer to go braless ;-)

Linking up to Linky Party Tuesday at Freemotion Quilting by the River. 

No comments: