Monday, October 29, 2012

Girl Strings

I sorted my longer novelty strings into boy strings and girl strings and made 24 string blocks this weekend. The girl strings had lots of pinks so I used gray for the center. This will be a donation quilt for Wrap a Smile or Wrap Them in Love when I'm finished. And then I'll work on the boy strings that are full of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails. 

That's what's on my design floor this Monday. Check out what everyone else is working on at Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love string quilts. I have one I finished (not quilted) over two years ago.

Love the bright colors.
blessings, jill

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking string quilt. Love the grey you have used.

Dar said...

I love string blocks too. Yours looks wonderful. On my screen the center color looks blue, instead of grey, but still bright colors make it sparkle.