Saturday, September 8, 2012

Stocking Up!


I'm participating in a pantry jar swap. So far I have fourteen different jars of food.




The ones I kept for myself I left off the top and bottom borders. I think I'm going to make my "Stocking Up" quilt  with stacked jars (ala chinese coins) with maybe a faux wood border in between.   I'm going to make several different sizes of jars.   I can tomatoes (tomato juice, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, chili sauce, etc) and jams so will add numerous jars of tomatoes. To simulate the jam I will probably add some "jar labels" to some.   And, as a semi-survivalist I will have to find some sparkly white fabric (I think I have some in my hoard) to simulate sugar and some kind of white and/or whole wheaty looking fabric for some very large 12 inch jars and then I'll need fabric with dried beans, rice and pasta. Maybe I'll have to take a picture of my own staples and print them to fabric.  

2 comments:

Cyn said...

What a fun project. Love it. Can't wait to see more jars.
Your idea to scan/print some of your own staples is brilliant!!!

Bonnie said...

I love the olives. I haven't seen those yet.