Sunday, September 23, 2012

Looking Out Attic Windows



I participated in a 6.5 inch animal swap about a year ago that was hosted on the I Spy Yahoo Group. I have lots of 6.5 inch squares - piles of them- so decided to sort through a few of the piles and sort out all of the animals. I ended up with several new piles - realistic looking animals, cutesy kid print animals, small print animals, and "under the sea" creatures. I decided the realistic looking animals would make a nice attic windows quilt for my daughter and son-in-law who love the great outdoors. Only one square is not an animal- it is mushrooms. They are avid mushroom hunters too.

Now, I have one less pile and a flimsy. I'm going to add another small border in white or gray??? and another wider border in black???  and who knows what for the backing. Everything so far has been from my stash. I might have to buy some fabric to finish it up.

And then I will have to figure out how to quilt it. Hmmm....

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and at Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River.

5 comments:

Gerry Krueger said...

This is so clever. It almost makes me dizzy to look at it on screen...
I believe I see a friend or two of Morris among your animals... Ger

sew.darn.quilt said...

I've popped in from Freemotion by the River's Tuesday link up and you have blown me away with this quilt! It's amazing!
Thank you for sharing =)

sulrossgrad (Emma) said...

I too have popped in from Freemotion by the River linky party and I sure am glad that I did. This quilt is so darn cute. Looks like a ton of work!
Emma

Cyn said...

Me, too... just popped in from Connie's linky party. Wow am I glad i did! You have made a super duper quilt. Lots of depth perception going on. Just love it. Great idea for the 'windows'.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wow!! This is so beautiful and love all the different prints you used! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday