Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jacob's Halloween Quilt


I used charms from a Fall/Halloween swap on Quilt-N-Friends Yahoo Group and bordered them with fabric from my stash. This is for Jacob, my 3 year old grandson. The granddaughters already have a Halloween quilt.

 I also used some monster fabric I've had in my stash for several years. I think I may have enough left for the back of another small quilt.


I quilted pumpkins on my plain old sewing machine. I was looking for a pumpkin idea for quilting it and found one at Free Motion Quilting Project.  that I tried to imitate.

And I'm getting better at remembering to label the quilts before I give them away!

I just found a new blog with a Sunday linky party. - Sew Many Ways, Sew Darn Crafty and am linking up for the first time this week. It's fun to see what other people are doing and get ideas for what I want to do!

2 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

Oh my, that is a very wonderful Halloween quilt! Jacob is so lucky.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is such a great quilt for a kid! They just love things like this. I like how you quilted pumpkins into it too. Great use (on both sides!) of novelty fabrics! Cheers! Evelyn