Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy (Halloween) Blocks

I've finished working so much overtime and finally am able to be off this week. I'm staying home - cleaning up the garden, working on genealogy, trying to destash and all other things I love to do to clear my mind.

Speaking of destashing...I had a pile of 6.5 inch Halloween squares from a Fall/Halloween charm swap on QNF (Quilting Friends) Yahoo Group so thought I would make them into a Halloween quilt for my 3 year old grandson. The granddaughters already have a Halloween quilt so it's about time I made him one.  I was surprised I had enough different fabrics (30) to cut for borders for the charms. I buy FQs after holidays and throw them into a drawer. The other surprising thing is that none of the fabrics are repeats. I have a cute monster fabric for the backing. So, this is a great destash quilt.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

LOVE it! Such a nifty and fun quilt. YOur DGS will have fun with this quilt.