Thursday, September 27, 2012

Brown

 I finished my work on Beth's block for the Brown Color Study RR hosted on CQ4Newbies Yahoo Group.
I added the buttonhole/french knot seam, feather stitch w/ bullion seam, bullion roses/leaves, big ribbon rose with button/bead center and leaf...


 and I added a crocheted basket full of bullions, beads and sequins.
 I just remembered I did not blog about my work on Ruby's block that came before Beths. I added branches and leaves, half buttonhole wheels...
 ...feather stitch w/ ribbon flowers...
...seam with bead flowers and teddy bear button.   I also added a crochet basket of flowers to Ruby's block but don't see that I have that picture handy.

All the stitching/embellishments are supposed to be brown in this RR. I think this Brown RR has been one of the best colors to study so far.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Cathy, your work is gorgeous!

Elizabeth's quarters said...

Have just discovered your blog. I love this brown colour study, it looks so rich and tactile.